Frequently Asked Questions
- 2 swimsuits (Girls – One piece; Guys – swim shorts, no Speedos)
- 1 pair of closed toe water shoes
- 1 pair of sturdy athletic shoes
- 5 – 6 pairs of shorts
- 5 – 6 T-shirts
- 5 – 6 pairs of socks
- Bonus day / Theme night attire
- 1 beach towel
- 1 bath towel
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 sweatshirt / jacket
- Sleeping bag or twin size sheets, blanket, and pillow
- Toiletries (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo)
- Sunscreen (spray is suggested)
- Insect Repellant
- Notebook and pen
- Camera (optional)
***Label everything- please put your camper’s name on clothes, shoes, towels, camera, everything!
***Campers and adults must wear shoes at all activities. Once inside of the pool area, shoes may be removed.
What NOT to Bring
- Cell phone, iPod, video/electronic game, laptop or tablet, MP3 player, etc.
- Candy, gum, food or drink of any kind
- Any weapon: knife, gun, etc.
- Laser pen/pointer
Carolina Creek Christian Camps is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Yes! We love it when campers receive mail!
- Prepare letters, notes, and cards prior to arrival at camp.
- Write a camper’s first and last name on the front of each envelope.
For mail sent by Post Office:
- Please address mail in this way:
ATTN: [Camper’s Name] – [Camp]
Carolina Creek Christian Camps
84 Wimberly Lane
Huntsville, TX 77320
NOTE: Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee the delivery of mail/packages sent through the local Post Office. Mail received after campers have left will be marked “return to sender”.
- All mail must be able to fit through 2″ x 9″ mail slot. (No bulky packages please!)
- Gum, candy, snacks, etc. are not allowed in camper mail.
EXCITING NEW OPTION
Purchase a one-way email package during online registration! Your family, extended family, and friends can email encouragement during the week, after you add them to your approved guest list.
- Send your one-way email letter the day before you want it delivered. (No emails will be delivered on Opening or Closing Days)
- Our staff will print the letters that evening, and deliver them the next day during mail time!
- Email packages for each camper are:
- $3 for 3 emails
- $5 for 5 emails
- $15 for UNLIMITED emails
When you register, you will fill out a medical waiver in which you will list the medications and dosages your camper needs to take. Please bring your camper’s medication in its original packaging when you drop off your camper. We will be unable to accept or dispense medication that is not in its original packaging. Our Camp Health Staff will be responsible for dispensing medications at the times indicated on the form.
Please describe any food allergies or dietary restrictions on your medical waiver during the registration process. Our kitchen staff is prepared to make the necessary accommodations for the following: gluten free, dairy free, egg free, peanut free (our kitchen staff does not cook with any peanut products and we will remove any snacks containing peanuts due to the severity indicated), vegan/vegetarian diets. If you have any questions regarding your child’s dietary needs, please contact our Director of Food Services, Lawrence Portie, at email@example.com. We kindly request that you do not send your camper to camp with any food.
As you can imagine, with over 12,000 summer campers, it is impossible to have all parents visit. We request that you do not call or visit your child during their stay. You may meet your camper’s counselors, hear about their favorite activity site, and shop in our store on closing day! To discourage homesickness, our policy is that campers will only call home in an emergency. If you need us to get a message to your camper, please contact the office, and we will make sure they receive it during mail call.
Our online registration allows you to log into your account and pay with a credit card. You may pay in full or set up monthly payments. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our registration office, (936)594-4446, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to pay with a check, please contact our registration office.
Every Carolina Creek staff is trained to help campers through homesick times. If homesickness continues to be a struggle, our leadership team will visit with the camper and then call home to have the camper talk with the parents.
Campers will rotate with their cabin group through age-appropriate activities, intentionally designed for younger and older campers. Weather permitting, they will have an opportunity to challenge themselves at each activity.
Carolina Creek is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We will keep all lost and found items for one week after the close of that session and then items will be donated to local charities.
Carolina Creek does not provide linens or towels for camper/guests staying in our cabins or lodges at Lakeview, Creekside or The W!LD. All cabins and lodges have bunk beds with twin-sized mattresses. Each person will need to bring their own linens or sleeping bag, pillow and towels.
Bed linens and towels are provided in the Adult Guest Lodge only.
Please do not send any food, drinks, candy, etc. with your camper. We also request that students not bring iPods, cell phones, laptops, or other electronics. Any of these items will be collected, stored safely in the office, and returned to your camper on Closing Day.
Tobacco, alcohol, firearms, fireworks, lighters, laser pointers and matches are prohibited on camp property.
Carolina Creek policy does not allow food to be stored or consumed outside of the dining hall. This is essential to keeping insects and other pests out of the living areas. If you wish to bring prepackaged food to camp, it will be stored in the dining hall with access anytime day or night.
Yes! Carolina Creek has an inventory of audio, video and lighting equipment available for guest group use. Please check with your Carolina Creek Coordinator for a list of available equipment and rental rates.
Yes, every person in attendance must submit a medical waiver upon arrival.
We do not provide a nurse for retreats. Each camp office has a nurse’s station with basic first aid supplies. Creek Staff are first aid and CPR certified and capable of assisting with minor injuries or in emergency situations. Each group is responsible for safely storing and dispensing their campers’ daily prescription medications.
- Carolina Creek does not allow groups to bring or prepare their own meals except in the Adult Guest Lodge.
- Carolina Creek does not allow gum, candy, snacks, or drinks (other than water) in cabins.
- Carolina Creek recommends that campers travel through camp in groups of 4 or more.
- Carolina Creek prohibits male and female campers from entering each other’s sleeping quarters at any time.
- Carolina Creek requires shirts, shorts, and shoes to be worn at all times except in swimming areas. In swim areas, ladies should wear a one-piece swimsuit and guys may not wear speedos.
Yes, wifi is brodcast across our campus. There are some dead zones, but all common area buildings (dining halls, meeting spaces, etc) have wifi. Please ask your Carolina Creek Host if you are in need of faster speeds for work, and they will be glad to connect you to our secure network.
If your child is coming to Carolina Creek with a group, here are directions on how to register.
1. Go to the link provided by your group leader & confirm you are signing up for the right group
2. Determine that you’re signing up a child
3. Select Create New Account
4. Fill information as the parent
5. Click Create
6. Select Add New Individual
7. Create a profile for your child, then click Continue
8. Select event and click Continue
9. Answer additional questions and click Continue
10. Request a roommate, confirm a roommate, or simply continue without a roommate
11. Add money to their store account or continue without adding money to their account
12. Confirm information and Check Out if you have a balance
13. Agree and sign the General Release and Waiver of Liability, then click Continue
14. And finally, Complete Registration
A Session is three nights and four days, and available throughout the summer at The W!LD. The program is a condensed version of our week program and is repeated throughout the summer.
A Week is six nights and seven days and available at both, The W!LD and Creekside camps. This camp provides a full week of curriculum and programming for your child. This programming is repeated throughout the summer.
Absolutely! However, we do not provide childcare between two sessions or two weeks. Your child will need to be picked up at the end of the first session/week and then returned to camp at the beginning of the second session/week.